The laboratories provide versatile research environment for performing experiments on the field of electronics and information technology and equipped with state-of-the-art facilities .
The laboratories are available to the students may work on assignments and researching projects of the faculty and the graduate students.
As digital signal processors grow rapidly in recent years, complicated algorithms can now be achieved with digital signal processors matched with software. Thus, the department has been engaged in establishing a rapid and effective studying environment relating to teaching and research of digital signal and digital signal processors so that students can study more effectively.
To answer this demand, we decided to choose the highly integrated studying and researching environment provided by MATLAB and SIMULINK as a substitute of traditional tools and scattered programs so that students and teachers can have their studying and researching achievements gathered in the same and fixed environment to facilitate further study and research.
MATLAB and SIMULINK system level design and algorithm design and analysis provide highly integrated tools so as to facilitate students and teachers' design of programs. Its open design environment provides rapid validation of instant prototyping and simplified software/hardware design so as to reduce the time in research and development.
With rapidest shortcut from product idea to validation of system models, MATLAB and SIMULINK simplify the DSP design effectively and give full play to the limited teaching and researching resources so that students and teachers can alter their design easily with algorithm development, performance simulation and model validation with no need to transform materials, rewire program codes or change the software environment. Students and teachers may also use SIMULINK test and design concepts in the preliminary stage of research and development. With the system level validation, they can minimize error risk and cost in software or dSP research and development so as to remove errors and cut effectively design time and R&D cost.
- 25 Texas instruments' TM S 320C 54x microcomputer R&D system and 25 signal generators;
- 25 Tektronics digital storage oscilloscopes and 25 DC power suppliers;
- 25 PCs and 1 MATLAB/SIMULINK analog software network server;
- Single beam LC\D projector and 100M Hz fast Ethernet .
- MATLAB/SIMULINK analog software, 50-populated network version;
- MATLAB/SIMULINK signal processing, control system and image processing kit and digital signal processing square.
- Signal processing, digital signal processing, digital image processing and control system
- Power electronics practice, control system practice, digital communication (using MATLAB , SIMULINK )
- Digital signal processing practice (suing the Texas Instruments' microcomputer development system)
- Develop and establish local relevant teaching materials
- Support research and development of digital signal processor related systems.